More on D-Bus (was: Re: Speech Dispatcher roadmap discussion.)

From: Michael Pozhidaev
Subject: More on D-Bus (was: Re: Speech Dispatcher roadmap discussion.)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 20:00:00 +0600

Hi all!

Trevor Saunders writes:

>> > but given the dbus code I've read I'm not convinced its actually any
>> > better.
>>
>> Yeah as I said in my reply to Halim, I don't personally agree with this, but
>> I added it since it was on the original roadmap.
>
> yeah, sounds like it won't happen because nobody wants it or cares.

Despite any possible doubts I think the D-Bus support is a thing that should
finally happen.  Therefore, all words about D-Bus are generally good and
nice.

In the meantime, whether it should happen in close future or not I'm
just wondering have anybody the ideas to discuss the D-Bus interface in
freedesktop lists and accept that as a some sort of standard or at least
a recommendation for everybody who would like to write speech-enabled
code? I would be very interested in participating in such discussion.

Thanks! :))

--
Michael Pozhidaev. Tomsk, Russia.
Russian info page: http://www.marigostra.ru/