pulseaudio problems again

From: Jeremy Whiting
Subject: pulseaudio problems again
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 23:42:28 -0600

Hey all,

I hit this issue this evening a bit (have hit it off and on lately) so
I asked in #pulseaudio and got some suggestions. I first tried using
libao, but with that I got no speech at all. At any rate, it seems we
are asking for too small of a tlength in the bufferAttr we pass in to
pa_simple_new. The default in the code is 100, and it's taking a value
from the config also. default of 100. If I set it to something much
bigger like 4096, everything sounds fine (and pacmd list-input-sinks
shows the latency we are asking for as much longer than .50ms. I
gather that ideally we should calculate that from the sample itself.
I.e with a 30ms latency and a sample of 22050Hz (which I'm getting
here from espeak) * 0.03 seconds (30ms) * 1 channel * 2 bytes because
of the 16 bit sample we should be asking for 1324, not 100. If that
makes sense to everyone I'll put together a patch that does the
calculation based on the sample tomorrow.

thanks,
Jeremy

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Micha? Zegan