DEC-TALK USB

From: Klarich , Terry J .
Subject: DEC-TALK USB
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 22:32:36 +0000

I am making progress with a speech-dispatcher module for a DTUSB.  And, have a
question concerning a possible issue.  Any information would be much
appreciated.

Here's the deal:

I send a bunch of text to the synthesizer with the SPEAK command.
The synthesizer begins speaking, the 200-okay to send and the 7##-begin
speaking message is sent when text is received on the synthesizer.
The text gets dumped to the synthesizer quickly.  Speech continues for quite
some time.
The 7##-end  message is sent after the synthesizer acknowledges receipt of all
text

Evidently, the synthesizer has a large buffer.  A lot of text for speaking can
be stored on the synthesizer.

Will it be a problem to send the 7##-end command before speech is complete?  If
not, I'm going to have to find out a way to tell if text is being synthesized
or not.

THANKS!
Terry