swift-generic deadlocks occasionally

From: Katzmann , Michael
Subject: swift-generic deadlocks occasionally
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:30:11 -0400

I'm trying to use speech-dispatcher with the generaic module (Cepstral swift).
Frequently (say after an hour of use) speech-dispatcher deadlocks waiting for a
mutex. I can see from ps that speech-dispatcher (and Orca) is waiting on a
'futex'.
I'm using the command in the configuration:

GenericExecuteSynth \
"padsp /opt/swift/bin/swift -p
speech/rate=$RATE,speech/pitch/shift=$PITCH,tts/content-type=text/plain,tts/text-encoding=utf-8,config/default-voice=$VOICE
 \'$DATA\'"

Does anyone have a suggestion of a fix ?  Is it likely to be a problem with
pulse-audio or with speech dispatcher killing processes when new speech is
initiated ?

Michael