Switching between Mbrola voices

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Switching between Mbrola voices
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 07:51:01 +1000

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 05:38:39PM AEST, Pierre Lorenzon wrote:

> HI,
>

> I suspect that all you want to do is perfectly done by festival
> driving mbrola. I may understand that you do not want to use
> festival as a speech integrator, even if I personally think
> taht it is an error, but you might take advantages
> understanding how festival implements features you wihsh !

Espeak does support using mbrola voices, but when the driver was initially
written, support for them was left out for some reason. I've already talked
to Alex about getting that changed so the espeak/espeak-ng drivers can use
mbrola voices.

If festival also supports mbrola voices, great, although teh festival driver
needs some end user facing improvements, which I also need to get to at some
point.

Luke