Hypra contributions shipped into speech-dispatcher ? (new punctuation mo

From: Alex ARNAUD
Subject: Hypra contributions shipped into speech-dispatcher ? (new punctuation mode from NVDA, new TTS: Kali and Voxygen)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:47:41 +0200

Le 27/07/2017 ? 03:58, Luke Yelavich a ?crit :
> Hi Alex, everybody.

Hi Luke,

> We need to work out a way hat I can test these modules, since they are
> proprietary, more on that below.

I can provide you a easy way to test it, indeed.

>> - a punctuation engine to support punctuation level for TTS which don't
>> incorporate their own punctuation management. It's a port of the NVDA code
>> from Python to C++.
>
> I am actually looking at merging this now, disabled by default, but of course
> users can easily enable it in the config file so that it can be tested. We do
> have some users who choose to run speechd git master, and I am not about to
> cause those users any trouble yet, although they should know that if things
> break, they do get to keep both pieces.

We need to know that about 15 people already use the Kali drivers and we
use the preprocessing function in the Hypra staff for a week.

> Would Hypra be willing to be maintainers of these synthesizer drivers you
> have proposed, knowing that if the drivers are not tested prior to a release,
> they will be disabled from building in the release tarball?

Yes, we could be the maintainer of Kali and Baratinoo driver.

>> Lot of distribution come with speech-dispatcher package, so if our code is
>> shipped into speech-dispatcher more people could use it easily.
>>
>> What is your plan for the integration ? What could we do to help you for the
>> integration ?
>
> It is a matter of me getting to it. As mentioned above, I am involved with
> other projects, i.e Vinux, and am also taking time to pursue other interests
> for possible future work. I am trying to make as much time for these projects
> as I can. Of course, other community members are welcome to come forward and
> help with review and get the branches committed.

I'll send you two e-mails with the procedure for testing both kali and
Voxygen in the day.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD