Please wait before releasing 0.9, more voices available soon.

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Please wait before releasing 0.9, more voices available soon.
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:53:53 +0100

Hello,

Didier Spaier, le dim. 25 nov. 2018 14:49:22 +0100, a ecrit:
> On 24/11/2018 23:13, Didier Spaier wrote:
> > I will provide no later than tomorrow a file flite-generic.conf
> > allowing to choose among all installed voices coming from
> > http://festvox.org/flite/packed/flite-2.1/voices/
>
> Here it is, as an attachment and inline.

Well, it is interesting to include support for more flite voices, but
the generic.conf way poses a lot of problems: speech-dispatcher can't
control the audio output, can't support indexing, can't set the volume,
needs to explicitly list all potential voices in the generic.conf file
with all attributes (language, male/female, etc.), etc. etc.  It's thus
*way* more interesting to extend flite.c to support listing the voices
available in /usr/share/flite/ than introducing another way to use
flite, which may even confuse users.

> The patch includes the typo fix for espeak-generic.conf, Samuel feel
> of course free to split it if you think that's cleaner.

As mentioned previously, you shouldn't need that with 0.9 RC2. If you
still have issues with RC2, please provide more details. At any rate,
this is not a proper fix since putting a space there is not without
consequences.

Samuel