Why try to initialize modules with no config file?

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Why try to initialize modules with no config file?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 17:12:27 +0100

On 16/01/2019 15:46, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Well, as mentioned, that prevents from changing the volume.
> I'm actually wondering with mbrola is told to use .au format, I guess
> in your case (you didn't specify which ao output driver you are using)
> The command does not support the .au formation, and we should just use
> .wav, which is probably the most supported format.

Well, I am using the alsa driver and aplay does support the .au format.

But what puzzles me is that I tried severak things then got back
to use $PLAY_CMD (as in the genuine file) and it works. Really no idea what
has changed.

Anyway I will let things as is for some time and see what happens.

Best,

Didier

PS My issue with the X keyboard map changing every time I use the
Preferences Orca GUI is back. I really need to investigate why.