Re: 0.10.0 release candidate 1

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Re: 0.10.0 release candidate 1
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 09:14:20 +0100

Hello,

Quoting speechd.conf:

# -- AUDIO OUTPUT --

# Chooses between the possible sound output systems:
#       "pulse" - PulseAudio
#       "alsa"  - Advanced Linux Sound System
#       "oss"   - Open Sound System
#       "nas"   - Network Audio System
#       "libao" - A cross platform audio library
# Pulse audio is the default and recommended sound server. OSS and ALSA
# are only provided for compatibility with architectures that do not
# include Pulse Audio. NAS provides network transparency, but is not
# very well tested. libao is a cross platform library with plugins for
# different sound systems and provides alternative output for Pulse Audio
# and ALSA as well as for other backends.

So, indeed libao remains available.

Huge tanks Samuel for this relase.

Best, Didier