stratagus-devel

[Stratagus-devel] Re: Oreilly.com article

From: Russell Smith
Subject: [Stratagus-devel] Re: Oreilly.com article
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:31:47 +1000

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 03:04 pm, Howard Wen wrote:
> Russell,
>
> Here's a draft of it.
>
> Could you please look it over and point out any corrections that should
> be made?
>
> All that I need to add is Nehal's age and job occupation to this draft.
>
> Thanks again -- the games Magnant and Invasion look SWEET! (We will be
> including screenshots with the article.)
>
> --H

Article: (in this author's personal opinion) Stratagus.
--
Comment: This will be assumed to be me, which it is not.  I would prefer that
the renaming be attributed to the person who did it (grumbel), who has not

Article: Smith wasn't involved with FreeCraft when it was conceived, but
decided to continue it due to a personal conviction for Linux. "There is a
lack of gaming on
--
Comment: I was involved with FreeCraft before the cease and desist letter,
however I was not involved when it was created, given the name freecraft.

Article: Of course, there's the Linux factor
--
Comment: There is really the Cross Platform factor.  It runs on Mac OSX,
LInux, Windows and BSD.

Comment: Where did the references about Nehal Mistry's comments come from?  He
did not respond to this interview, and I would like to know where he made
these comments about the engine.

Article: "The file formats used in Blizzard's games are well documented on the
Web," says Smith.
--
Comment:  I Would prefer not to be personnally quoted for this statement.

Article: We intend to add a team play mode where you can share resources and
technologies with your allies.
--
Comment: This will be offered by the engine, not the meta-server.  The article
appears to state this is meta-server functionality.

Article: since Stratagus is not easy to program.
--
Comment: What do you mean here Howard?

Is it at all possible to use My first name for the comment?  I would prefer
that, I'm not a big organization.

Hopefully you find this helpful

Regards

Russell Smith.