straw-devel

[Straw-devel] yet another UI layout request

From: Owen Williams
Subject: [Straw-devel] yet another UI layout request
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:49:09 -0500

I have a high resolution monitor (1400x1050), and I've found my screen
has enough space for a browser and a column of something next to it.
Straw's layout doesn't quite work in this arrangement -- you can't see
the name of the feed you're reading, only the article list and the
article itself.  With the release of .22, I finally bit the bullet and
did a stupid glade hack to make straw look like I wanted:

http://ywwg.com/images/straw-ui.jpg

I don't demand that straw adopt this as the default layout, but it would
be a nice option.  A feed reader is really not very useful on its own --
it only makes sense when paired with a browser to read the full versions
of the links.  So often a feed article goes "..." and you have to bring
up the full web page to read the actual article.  I like this option
because it lets me use both apps most efficiently.

owen