straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] .py install location

From: Jeremy Messenger
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] .py install location
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:24:51 -0600

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:15:32 +0000, Ross Burton <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

As you may know, I'm the maintainer of the Debian packages for Straw.

Here a maintainer for FreeBSD.

Up until now, I've been putting the straw/*.py files in /usr/lib/straw/,
and then editing /usr/bin/straw to add that path to the search path.

However, now the distutils code is installing the .py files into
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages.  This makes perfect sense for an
extension module, but I don't want to pollute the site-packages tree
with Straw.  Does anyone know how I can change the install directory for
the library, or do I have to move it post-install?

Use --install-lib=${PREFIX}/path/to should work, which what I am using in the straw port.

Cheers,
Mezz

Regards,
Ross