straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Proxy Bug?

From: Michael JasonSmith
Subject: [Straw-devel] Proxy Bug?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:43:32 +1200

Straw 0.22.1, Linux 2.6.4, Debian Unstable

When I try to subscribe to a new feed Straw (SubscribeDialog.py, and
rssfinder.py) complains that "No feed was found...".  What I suspect
happened is that Straw did not used the GNOME proxy information when it
checked for the feed.  I suspect this because the delay between me
clicking forward and the system saying it did not work was too short to
really be checking the feed.  I also had a glace over the code and the
Username and Password were not being set at any stage :(
--
Michael JasonSmith                                   http://www.ldots.org/