stumpwm-devel

[STUMP] bug: launching stumpwm automatically under GNOME loses keys, ma

From: Iain Dalton
Subject: [STUMP] bug: launching stumpwm automatically under GNOME loses keys, manually doesn't
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:45:25 -0600

I create ~/.local/share/applications/stumpwm.desktop (attached) so I
can tell GNOME to use it as a WM.  In gconf, I set
/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager to stumpwm.
I restart GNOME to effect the change.  Results:

* gnome-panel doesn't show up
* C-t ? shows about 1/3 of keyboard shortcuts missing.  C-t M-Left and
other directions are missing.

If I set windowmanager to compiz, then kill compiz once GNOME starts,
and launch stumpwm, gnome-panel shows up (albeit at the top rather
than the bottom where I had it) and all shortcuts work.  Note that I
don't have any custom shortcuts set, if fact I reproduced this without
any ~/.stumpwmrc file.