stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] How to make `C-t !' take my own executables into account?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:24:36 -0700

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> (Sorry for the delay)

I think my delay was longer :).

>> Also can you post the output of C-t : (getenv "PATH"). Use
>> copy-last-message to copy it into the clipboard.
>
> (I get a "The function copy-last-message is undefined" error)

If you did

C-t : copy-last-message

Then you would have gotten an error like "the variable
copy-last-message is undefined." But if you did

C-t ; copy-last-message

and it said "command 'copy-last-message' not found" then it's quite
likely you're running a fairly old version and you should upgrade and
try again!

(note the difference: colon versus semi-colon. You want to use
semi-colon because copy-last-message is a command)

> But (getenv PATH) returns the paths and they look fine (i.e. they
> include my ~/bin/ directory.)

The exact text is important as I hope to use it to try and reproduce it here.

> One thingy: I first installed cl-ppcre via asdf-install, but I couldn't
> compile stumpwm until I installed cl-ppcre via apt-get.  So maybe there
> is something about my SBCL install that doesn't know about my home?

That's odd. from stumpwm do:

C-t : asdf:*central-registry*

and ensure that the directory cl-ppcre was installed in exists in that
list. If it does then the next stage would be to uninstall cl-ppcre
from apt-get, build stumpwm, and post the build output. The error
output should reveal more. But this is probably unrelated to the PATH
problem.

-Shawn