stumpwm-devel

[STUMP] ttf-fonts module

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: [STUMP] ttf-fonts module
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 00:05:23 -0400

Hi all,

I've created a new branch "font-module" where I'm trying to factorize
font rendering with truetype fonts into a module.  This way it shouldn't
be hard to support anti-aliased fonts in lisp distributions that
support them, while maintaining compatibility with distributions that
don't (ie ECL).  It will also allow us to write a freetype module that
does the same thing with otf fonts.

I need some help as my asdf skills are a little wanting.  As I
understand it, font-rendering.lisp in stumpwm defines some generic
functions, and then some concrete implementations for xlib fonts.  I
factored out the ttf code into contrib/utils/ttf-fonts.lisp.  Now these
symbols are ttf-fonts::symbol-name instead of just symbol-name.  Is
there an accepted way to tell lisp that the methods in the ttf-fonts
package are the concrete implementations of the generic methods defined
in font-rendering.lisp?

Cheers,

    Dave