stumpwm-devel

[STUMP] Scratching the itch (share neat snippets from your .stumpwmrc!)

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: [STUMP] Scratching the itch (share neat snippets from your .stumpwmrc!)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2018 21:15:00 -0400

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just scratched an itch that has bothered me for a while.  Many times the title in the mode-line would be empty if the window didn't set the title appropriately.  I decided to add a hook to set the title to the window's instance name if the title was empty:

(defun update-window-title (window)
  "If the window comes up with no title, set the user title to the
window's instance name so it doesn't appear with no context on the
mode-line"
  (when (equal "" (window-title window))
    (setf (window-user-title window) (window-res window))))
(add-hook *new-window-hook* #'update-window-title)

Do you have something that stumpwm has allowed you to do that is too small to be a module but makes life a little bit better? Please share!

David

PS I'll probably create a wiki page to curate your answers so please don't hesitate to contribute!