Re: SOC questions

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: SOC questions
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:33:43 +0200

LiQun Li wrote:
Hello,

 I am going to attend Google SOC.
 I have used GRUB many times, pretty cool.
 I find that I can add features to it.
 But I need a mentor to work out a feasible proposal.
 For example. about the access USB via UHCI, should I write some codes
 to implement the function of UHCI?

Hi LiQun,

If you are planning to implement USB functionality to GRUB 2, it will include writing of USB Host Controller driver. Thou, if you do not have UHCI, but have EHCI or OHCI that is ok too. You just have to make sure other Host Controllers can be added easily later on.

Also you may consider implementing some functionality over USB connection, eg. USB Keyboard (HID), USB Pens (Mass Storage)...

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen