Re: soc idea: Embed CLISP

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: soc idea: Embed CLISP
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:47:41 +0100

Hello Sam,

* Sam Steingold wrote on Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 06:18:16AM CET:

> > Thanks, but I'm not sure what to do.
> > Could you mentor someone who wanted to add clisp to vim (or whatver)?
> > And plus, it would be desirable for the vim (or whatever) people to
> > actually want the feature :).
>
> indeed this would require benevolent cooperation from
> vim/gnumeric/whatever.
> I see no reason not to expect it.
> vim, for one, embeds perl, python, ruby (and I think something else
> too), so I think they will welcome this addition.

Please talk to them _before_ the SoC application.  It would not be good
show if, say, Vim submitted an application for adding CLISP support and
both parties not knowing about each other.  And of course it's not
likely but it would not be nice if upstream won't be accepting such an
addition (for whatever reason).

Thanks,
Ralf