The GNU Project has been accepted to GSoC for 2010

From: Micah Cowan
Subject: The GNU Project has been accepted to GSoC for 2010
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:27:10 -0700

GNU has been approved to participate in this year's Google Summer of
Code program.

If you are planning to act as a mentor in this year's program, please
sign into the GSoC web app (at http://socghop.appspot.com/) and apply to
become a mentor with GNU (click the "Apply to become a Mentor" link in
the sidebar, under "GSoC 2010").

Please take the time as soon as possible to take a look at your ideas
page, and your section of the GNU ideas page
(http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2010.html), and evaluate
it with an eye for how a potential student will be likely to view it. If
you were a  student looking for a project to join, how would you view
this list? Which project would you choose to look into, given no
particular preferences? Which projects would you be liable to pass over,
because not enough information or "hook" was provided to capture their
attention?

FYI, the acceptance email included this notice:

<<We will periodically subscribe mentors who sign up with your
organization to the program's private mentors mailing list. Please let
your mentors know to expect this. Please also let them know that they
may be resubscribed a few times if they choose to unsubscribe and we
apologize in advance if this occurs. It may be worth setting the mailing
list preferences to digest only for the few days of the program.>>

Also note that GNU's main SoC page still says "we don't know if we will
be accepted". I will fix this, but can't until I leave work for home
(where my SSH keys are).

Good luck to all!

--
Micah J. Cowan