Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 04:01:34 -0300

On 06-03-2011 04:24, address@hidden wrote:

> Would be nice if someone can add Hurd to the list. Our ideas list is on
>
>    http://www.gnu.org/s/hurd/community/gsoc/project_ideas.html

Done. Please update the page for 2011.

> (I haven't updated it for this year yet; but most of the stuff is still
> valid, so it should do for now.)
>
> Historically we also have had our own student application form:
>
>    http://www.gnu.org/s/hurd/community/gsoc/student_application_form.html
>
> If others like it, we might actually try to generalize it for GNU as a
> whole... However, I intend to rework the introduction first.

There is a "GNU guidelines". I don't have enough time to review it. I
mentioned the Hurd template, though.

> BTW, for the organisation application, I'm sure most answers can be
> reused from previous years?

We've failed to locate the answers from previous years, so I'm rewriting
them[0]. Any help is appreciated.

[0] http://libreplanet.org/wiki/GNU_application_for_Summer_of_Code_2011#Form

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva