Re: About proposals

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: About proposals
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 21:47:44 +0200

Hallo!

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 20:40:03 -0700, Micah Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 08:36 PM, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd say they should go on melange, so as not to bother people who aren't
> >> interested in that particular proposal.
> >>
> >> Comments that are meant to be private (not viewable to the proposer)
> >> should definitely not go here, as this is a publicly-accessible list.
> >
> > Should we have a private summer-of-code-mentors list? It would be nice
> > to have more gsoc-talk stored on GNU servers.
>
> Seems like a decent idea to me.

I'm not so sure -- I'd certainly hope that we keep the commenting /
discussion of proposals in one place, and that needs to be the Google
interface for interacting with students.  I don't want to inspect two
different places regularely, for the same things.

I don't think that ``have more gsoc-talk stored on GNU servers'' is a
reasonable argument here.

Whether we have enough other stuff to discuss to warrant a new list
(instead of talking to individuals), I don't know (but don't think so).
Also there'd be maintenance overhead: who is to be on that list, etc.

Grüße,
 Thomas