Re: Fwd: [Announce] Slot Allocations, Student Proposals, and Deduplicati

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Announce] Slot Allocations, Student Proposals, and Deduplication - Long But Important
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:43:09 +0200

Hallo!

GSoC mentors for GNU, it's high time for some activity!  On
<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/dashboard/google/gsoc2011>, I can see
quite a lot of proposals that have had no comments and no voting yet.

However: *TODAY* we have to register the number of desired mentoring
slots with Google!

See Rodrigo's email below, *Step One* is the important one at the moment.
The step itself isn't for you (that's for us administrator folks), but we
need your data, if you want your projects' applications to be considered,
or not.  And we need that *NOW*.  Please go to that page, and review at
least your subprojects' applications, and also some others that you feel
comfortable with.  If you'd like an application to be dropped, please
file that as a private comment, too.  Doing so saves your administrators
From a lot of guessing.

Also, it is still possible to add new mentors.