Re: GNU participation in GSoC 2012

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: GNU participation in GSoC 2012
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:42:09 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I think that Rodrigo, previous year GNU GSoC administrator, isn't
>> going to be the admin this time, so someone new is needed.
>
> As Chong said, I'm volunteering.
>
> If Rodrigo is still on this list, maybe he can share his
> experience?  What are the main tasks for this role?

I summarized all the info from the GSoC 2012 page related to project
admins on this page:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/orgmode-gsoc2012-admin.html

The main task is to fill out the 16 questions from Google about the
project (GNU?) and its application (I would guess). Maybe this has been
done before (for one of the last GSoC's) and much of the text could be
reused this year?

If Org Mode would be the mentoring organization, I would volunteer to
fill out the questions. For GNU as mentoring organisation, I could't do
this, since I don't know much about it (almost nothing) - sorry.

--
cheers,
Thorsten