Re: Is it too late for a new project?

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: Is it too late for a new project?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:54:13 -0300

On 25 March 2012 09:20, John Gamboa <address@hidden> wrote:
> Because of this, I went into the make list and started discussing
> about a possible proposal on Make. Anyway, reading the history of this
> mailing list, it seemed for me that the Ideas list is already closed
> (or, at least, that proposals are available just for the projects
> listed). Am I right? Should I continue talking about a proposal in the
> GNU Make list? Or GNU Make isn't eligible anymore as a participating
> project in GSoC?

Yes, you should continue talking to GNU Make developers about your
proposal. It is necessary that someone volunteers to signup as a
mentor for GNU Make. Ideally we need at least one mentor and one
backup mentor. Then you must submit your project proposal to
google-melange.com before April 6 19:00 UTC (which is the definitive
deadline to new project ideas, no matter which gnu package they come
from).