Re: Fw: Re: [Savane-dev] About Savane with python

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [Savane-dev] About Savane with python
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:50:32 +0200

Hi Sylvain.

    I tried my best to shield the applicant from this debate, I begin to
    be very disappointed..

I am a bit lost here.  As the org admin for the GNU Project I think that
in all cases the maintainers of the corresponding GNU programs must be
aware of the ideas/projects related to their respective programs, and
agree about their convenience.  This is because one of the main goals of
GNU participating in the SoC is to boost the development of the GNU
software.  Otherwise the outcome of the projects/ideas would most likely
not be incorporated to the main development line of the program.

So what is the current situation of this savannah/savane rewriting idea?

Michael, must we drop the idea/project?  AFAIK Sylvain started a rewrite
of the savane codebase some time ago... could this effort benefit from
the SoC idea?

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org