Re: So, how's this working...

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: So, how's this working...
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:43:09 +0200

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden> writes:

> However it seems it isn't the case as it was still be expected to have 4
> on the desired proposals. Moreover it is pretty hard to vote for
> a project since only the mark 5 makes sense and anything else
> down-votes it.  This is not nice as with the limited information
> available and the high specialization of the proposals it does not make
> much sense to have open voting (and by checking the scores, it seems
> that the affiliated to a project people have voted for its proposals).
>
> I don't know how many are the remaining slots after the amazing are
> accepted, but if it is >= 1, then may I suggest a random selection
> on proposals with a mark over 4 (the desired ones)?.

My suggestion is that mentors of subprojects rate their proposals
*without* the constraint of selecting just one amazing proposal, then
GNU admins rate all proposals and see which ones emerge.

The idea behind asking mentors of subprojects to select their favorite
"amazing" project is nice, but it puts the burden of the selection in
the wrong place IMHO.

--
 Bastien