News for the Emacs Org-mode GSoC projects

From: Bastien
Subject: News for the Emacs Org-mode GSoC projects
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:34:38 +0200

Hi there,

some news about the Emacs Org-mode GSoC projects: one student was
failed after the mid-term evaluation, two others are still hacking.

Some more details:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-07/msg00377.html

I think the failure could have been avoided if we had more carefully
checked the ability for the student to write code in Emacs lisp.

The two other projects are going fine.  I want the student to spend
more time communicating with the community, I will work toward this.

Has any other GNU GSoC project been failed?  If so, why?

Thanks,

--
 Bastien