Re: [GSoC Mentors] [Announce] GSoC 2012: Mentor Summit Travel and Detail

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [GSoC Mentors] [Announce] GSoC 2012: Mentor Summit Travel and Details
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:56:56 +0200

    For next year it would be nice to have a clear set of internal GNU
    GSoC rules drawn out before the start of the program, so that all
    sub-projects know how things go. We had a lot of confusion in April
    and now again - this can be avoided.

Heh, I would not call a single mentor disagreeing with a decision of the
org admin "a lot of confusion".  That is a clear exaggeration :)

But yes, it would be nice to have that document written before the
program.  I am afraid this year we did not have time to think about
that, basically because we were near to miss the application deadline
due to a lack of volunteers.

    By the way - would it be possible to get the Google mentoring money
    for the GNU Radio sub-project to fund a student GSoC student to
    attend the GNU Radio conference this September to present his
    results?

That is a question for the FSF, which is the organization collecting the
money.  Please ask address@hidden (put me on CC, because I certainly will
support your petition).

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net