RE: GSOC2013 ClassPath, Port The GTK+ AWT to Gtk+3

From: Farshad Muhammad
Subject: RE: GSOC2013 ClassPath, Port The GTK+ AWT to Gtk+3
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:15:39 +0000

Hi,
As per suggested i've been trying to build and install the GNU classpath on my
ubuntu image, though i'm facing some issues. The clean build and install of
classpath 0.99 works perfectly only if I use --disable-gtk-peer in the
configure for the make. With the gtk-peer enabled i'm getting a lot of
deprecated errors which is stopping the make from proceeding, i've debugged a
couple of the errors (such as changing Pangoft2FontMap to PangoFontMap) but
more seem to pop up everytime, is this normal? or do I need to do something
extra for the build to work.

I also had some questions for the conversion guide. The guide gives 4 makefile
CFLAG macros to check for certain things in preparation for gtk +3, such as
finding deprecated functions or checking if the includes were valid. But i'm
not quiete understanding where in the makefile do these macros go? From what I
know they need to be appended properly to the makefile code for it to work,
i've placed them in various locations in the makefile but havent had much luck
with them doing what they need to do.

Any help or pointers would be great!
Thanks
Farshad