Re: Gsoc: Advice and guidance for CLisp project

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Gsoc: Advice and guidance for CLisp project
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 14:23:59 -0500

Hi Shashank,

> * shashank <address@hidden> [2014-02-23 19:54:01 +0500]:
>
> Please guide me as to how I shall proceed in order to research more
> about the project and understand it better.

You should start with subscribing to the clisp-devel mailing list and
ask all further questions there.
Then clone the clisp mercurial repo and build from it with threads.
Observe the crashes in the tests.
Investigate how you would replace the CLISP hash table implementation
with the lock-free one.

Good luck and welcome!

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1265