Re: GSoC: ISOC11 threads and Math Testing

From: Giuseppe Scrivano
Subject: Re: GSoC: ISOC11 threads and Math Testing
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:31:28 +0100

Hello,

Mayank Bhura <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I am Mayank Bhura, 2nd year Computer Science Undergraduate at the
> National Institute of Technology Karnataka. I was interested in the
> ISOC11 and Math Testing Projects.
>
> Since there have not been any puzzles or preliminary tasks given
> anywhere on the website, I request you to kindly instruct me where to
> start. I know POSIX Pthread Programming; I have it this semester as a
> college course. I am also a competitive programmer, so I often use the
> math library of C extensively. And hence, my knowledge of C language
> is also pretty extensive.
>
> With a lot of zeal and interest, I request you to guide me where to
> start, so I can get started with the project immediately. I will be
> eager to receive a reply from you. I wish to contribute as much as I
> can.

we maintain a list of project ideas here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2014.html

My recommendation is to start working on some small tasks for the
project you would like to work on, in this way you understand if you
like it and also you give the maintainers/possible mentors a proof of
what you can achieve.

Cheers,
Giuseppe