Re: Fw: [IMPORTANT] Requesting essential and desired slots

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Fw: [IMPORTANT] Requesting essential and desired slots
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 13:52:23 +0200

Hi David.

    Someone forwarded me the announcement and I am confused since one of our
    students applied to the GSoC at Google already.  See below mail.

Students can submit proposals to melange (gsoc's web thingy) and mentors
can rate them, etc, but participating organizations shall ask for a
number of slots to google.  Then the granted slots are distributed among
the projects participating under the umbrella of that organization.

    This would be

    Name: LilyPond
    EssentialSlots: 1

Thank you, noted.

    There is also another possibly desired slot (some lack of feedback
    here), but again I would have expected that the respective student would
    already have applied at Google directly.

AFAIK an student "applying to google" does not make sense in the GSOC
context.  She may have send a proposal to other participating
organization (not GNU) but student proposals wont be accepted until the
slots are distributed and Goggle (and not the orgs) notify them.

I am noting 1 essential and 2 desired for you.