Re: [IMPORTANT] Accepting student applications

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Accepting student applications
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:09:05 +0200

hi Jose,

I have terrible Internet right now (DSL @ my parents went down due to provider trouble).

So please just accept all slots for Taler/GNUnet.

Thanks!

Christian

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi hackers.

Good news: this year we got as many slots as we asked for.  This means
that everyone gets their desired slots:

| Project     | Slots |
|-------------+-------|
| gnucap      |     0 |
| kawa        |     0 |
| classpath   |     0 |
|-------------+-------|
| guile       |     1 |
| taler       |     1 |
| mediagoblin |     1 |
| GNUstep     |     1 |
|-------------+-------|
| GNUnet      |     2 |
| hurd        |     2 |
| guix        |     2 |
| lilypond    |     2 |
|-------------+-------|
| octave      |     3 |
| wget        |     3 |

The next step is to accept student's proposals.  In order to get an
proposal accepted you need to send to address@hidden (CCing
address@hidden) the following information:

  StudentName: name of the student
  StudentEmail: email of the student
  Mentor: mentor-id
  Mentor: mentor-id

If the data is ok then we will accept the proposal in melange.  We need
the student information, and at least one mentor associated with the
proposal.  The mentor-id should correspond to an existing mentor entry
in [1].

IMPORTANT: do _not_ tell students that their application is being
accepted.  Google will publish the list of accepted students in its due
time, not us.

IMPORTANT: please send us the proposals information ASAP.  The sooner we
mark them as accepted in melange the sooner we will identify conflicts
and resolve them.

Our deadline for accepting proposals is Wednesday 22 April at 12:00.

Salud!

[1] http://www.gnu.org/s/soc-projects/soc2015.rec