Mentoring students for Ring through GNU

From: Dorina Mosku
Subject: Mentoring students for Ring through GNU
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 15:10:39 -0500 (EST)

To whom it may concern,

I'm writing on behalf of the Ring project [1], an official GNU package since
October 2016 [2].

We applied to be a mentor organization in the GSoC 2017, but Ring's application
was rejected. Thus, we are exploring the possibility of mentoring GSoC students
this summer through other organizations, as we did last year with Debian. We
mentored 4 students through the Debian organization in the GSoC 2016 and it
worked very well for everyone.

We saw that GNU is hosting many other packages for this edition of GSoC [3] and
we think that it can be very interesting for Ring to be part of this list. Not
only it would make it possible for us to have more contributions on Ring's code
[4] this summer, but it could potentially help to grow Ring's contributors
community.

So, would it be possible for us to mentor a certain number of students through
the GNU organization?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Dorina Mosku.

[1] https://ring.cx
[2] http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/ring
[3] https://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2017.html
[4] https://gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com/#/q/status:open

----
Consultante en logiciels libres - Coordonnatrice du projet Ring
Free Software Consultant - Ring project coordinator

https://ring.cx

Savoir-faire Linux Inc.
Tel.: + 1 (514) 276 5468 ext. 192
ring:dorinamosku