[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[gnu-soc] Automake - Summer of Code - Has any student taken on the "Pars
[gnu-soc] Automake - Summer of Code - Has any student taken on the "Parse Makefile.am using an Abstract Syntax Tree" project?
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:04:28 -0700
Hi GNU staff,
I'm a Junior student in Computer Science at Oregon State University, US.
This afternoon, I just heard about this project from my Compiler class instructor which I just finished, so I'm totally aware that I'm very late to the party.
I'm interested in the project "Parse Makefile.am using an Abstract Syntax Tree". I have 2 questions:
- Has any student has proposed or taken on this project yet?
- If there has been, should I or am I allowed to propose/apply to this project?
Once I receive a "yes" from you, I will start writing the proposal immediately and finished it in a day for you to revise.
A brief related technical background about me:
- Since I have just finished a course in Compiler at my university, I have a basic understanding of Compiler phase. I have implemented a parser for a subset of syntax of Python that generates an Abstract Syntax tree from the source file as well as using GraphViz to visualize it. Here is the link to this project on Github.
- I'm also in progress of completing the rest of the project, which is generating LLVM IR representing the Python source program, then run some optimizations on that IR before using it to generate object code for a target machine.
- I have skills in Data Structure, Algorithm Analysis, intermediate level in C/C++, and a basic understanding of Unix/Linux operating system.
- I don't have experience in Perl but I'm can pick it up quickly on the project.
- Here is my Github profile.
Thank you for your time.
- Khuong Luu
- [gnu-soc] Automake - Summer of Code - Has any student taken on the "Parse Makefile.am using an Abstract Syntax Tree" project?,