Re: [gnu-soc] GNU Behistun Proposal

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] GNU Behistun Proposal
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 18:59:29 +0100

[Please do not remove the list from CC when replying.  Thanks.]

Hi Christopher.

Looking at the description of the proposed idea, and at the project's
website in savannah[1], my impression is that the project haven't
published any code yet.  The CVS repository is empty.

Is that correct, or are the sources somewhere else?

If there is no code, my opinion is that behistun is not a good candidate
for the GSoC program.  IMO students expect to find a codebase and be
guided into contributing to it.  Starting an implementation from scratch
would be too much, and would probably lead to frustration for both
mentor and student.

Would you consider waiting for next year, when hopefully Behistun will
be more mature and best suited to participate?

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gbehistun/