swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] gnustep

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] gnustep
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 23:00:08 -0400

On May 16, 2008, at 7:32 PM, glen e. p. ropella wrote:

The versions I'm using:

Gorm:  1.1.0
GNUStep:  5.2
Swarm and Swarm apps:  CVS HEAD
GCC version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

I'm not sure what version 5.2 means, that might be some debian versioning. The gnustep libraries I have are:

gnustep-make-2.0.5
gnustep-base-1.15.3
gnustep-gui-0.13.2
gnustep-back-0.13.2

I think the gnustep-gui library is what matters most, maybe check $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Library/Libraries to see what version the shared library is. My guess is that the debian package is old and you will need to install GNUstep from more recent sources. The Gorm I have is 1.2.4 and I'm able to load the files without trouble.

It's possible that the file is messed up on checking in/out, but I don't think that is the most likely cause.

Scott