swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] Google Summer of Code

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Google Summer of Code
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:50:31 +1000

On 12/07/2008, at 11:22 AM, Haruka Matsuzaki wrote:
I understand you to mean something like:
1 we use Mongrel to serve the AJAX code
now I'm using script/server script to launch server...

2 there is a small local sqllite db to handle authorisation, sessions, state
etc.
Yes, sql part is inevitable, but I didn't spend much time on this.
I was planning to expand onto this after I've made a one-session version...

On recent versions of Rails, that launches a Mongrel server.

But there is a change to be made on the SwarmXMLRPCServer's side yet,
(It doesn't attach "HTTP/1.1 200 Ok. etc..." to its xml message)
and we might not be able to run rails app till I've altered it properly...

IMO we need Rails to communicate with the browser/XULrunner whatever, which may not be on the computer running Swarm, but perhaps since Rails and the Swarm model are on the same host, using http is unnecessary. Maybe we could use something like:
http://zeropluszero.com/software/rpc/

and we also have to make proxy for window objects like worldRaster on the
heatbug...

I think we thought that initially, these would not run remotely.

      b.  talks to the XML-RPC interface of the running
real time messaging from the server is still I'm considering how to actualize...

See above

c. Puts up probe maps and graphs as required by the model and/or
the user.
To do this, I think the server must register a special object at
CreateEnd to store
the information what client look like.
But the server appears now unable to communicate via HTTP properly,
so in anyway what I must dig in will be here...

Bill