swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] bye bye CVS?

From: Pavel Vinogradov
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] bye bye CVS?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:08:44 +0500

  DVCS is good solution for source code management, but it have one
big problems - many developers don't know how use all of it
fucntional. As i know mercurial provide CLI similar to cvs and svn,
but git require much more qualification from potental contributor.
  On other side  - migration to svn allow to leave many cvs
limitations and simplify repository management.

  I think SVN will good solution for now, and maybe later if swarm
project attracting many new developers - project can migrate to DCVS.

--
Pavel Vinogradov
NixDev.Net, Open Source Developer