swarm-hackers

Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm on MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Swarm on MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:47:32 -0700

Those are tags I've been using to delineate code that needed to be rewritten for the objc runtime abstraction layer. In some cases, it is just a simple change from one function call to another, but in other cases I had to rewrite the code to use the API versus working directly with the underlying data structures. I would surround those regions with the TODO tag, then once I rewrote the code I would switch it to the DONE tag. That way I could change one section at a time then compile/test/etc.

Note, if you are wanting to use the stable Swarm, i.e. the last public release, you should use the Swarm-2_3 branch. And actually if you wanted to try out your Mac build using GNU and tcl/tk with Snow Leopard, you should commit any patches to that branch.

cheers
Scott