swarm-modeling

measuring multiagent system diversity

From: Tucker Balch
Subject: measuring multiagent system diversity
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:45:57 -0500

Pardon me for intruding in this list, but I've been purusing the Swarm pages
and literature and see that there is a great deal of similarity between
my research (multirobot cooperation and diversity) and the work people do
with Swarm.

I wanted to invite you, if you are interested in heterogeneous systems to
take a look at my work concerning a metric of behavioral diversity.  I
would be very interested in comments from this community and pointers to
additional work

This tech report, which I am preparing for journal submission is extracted from
my thesis:

Balch, T.R. Social Entropy: An Information Theoretic Measure of Robot
Team Diversity.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~trb/papers/divjour.ps.Z

Thanks!

-- Tucker