swarm-modeling

Re: Anyone want to work on updating ASM with me?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Anyone want to work on updating ASM with me?
Date: 01 Apr 2000 20:11:54 -0800

PJ> I've spoken to Brandon Weber and he says the ASM-2.1 code that is
PJ> in the SFI site now is pretty-much the state of the art.

I didn't study the diffs, but they are not so trivial.  I suggest you
download the new version.

PJ> The Swarm version is a bit dated, if you look. It uses plenty of direct
PJ> memory management with malloc/calloc, and it does its own GA from
PJ> scratch, not using Breeder or GM or any outside library.

Yeah, with the guidance of the spiffy new technical documentation and
the second implementation, there are should be some fairly easy readability
and Swarm-feature-modernizations to make...

   body of the message.