swarm-modeling

Re: Modeling Long Term Memory

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Modeling Long Term Memory
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:33:51 -0500

Krishnan Viswanathan wrote:

> Hi
>
> In my model (I am trying to schedule the daily activities of an household), I
> want my household members to be able to retrieve certain (routine and
> non-routine) activities from the long term memory. Here what I mean. If a
> member
> of the household spent 2 hours on a particular day of a month, cleaning
> his/her
> car, I want him or her to be able to retrieve this activity from their memory
> and schedule car cleaning on a particular day for 2 hours in the next month.
> That way, when I trying to determine the activity schedule for a particular
> day, it can also capture activities which are done only once a month.
I don't know if I am answering  your question but I don't usually think
of it as retrieving a memory, but rather when the action is completed
once, I have the agent schedule itself to do the same thing X periods in
the future.  If you don't schedule the agent to do the thing X times in
the future, you can schedule a method "considerDoingIt" X times in the
future, and that method can make a decision about it and put the action
on the schedule.

See what I mean?  I've been incorrect with a probability in the last
week.

   body of the message.