swarm-modeling

RE: Social Networks

From: Juan Manuel Larrosa
Subject: RE: Social Networks
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:16:28 -0300

Claudia:
again... you can find some interesting papers at the Ascape site

http://www.brook.edu/ES/dynamics/papers/

Juan

Juan Manuel Larrosa
CONICET- Universidad Nacional del Sur
San Juan y 12 de Octubre
Planta Baja - Gabinete 5
(8000) Bahia Blanca
ARGENTINA

TE (0291) 459 5100 Ext 2735

>Dear All,
>
>thanks for the responses regarding social networks. I am particulary
>interested in work on the importance of informal networks such as presented
>in the following papers:
>
>Burt, R.S. 1997. The contingent value of social capital. Adminstrative
>Science Quarterly. 42, 339-365.
>Uzzi, B. 1996.  The sources and consequences of embeddedness for the
>economic performance of organizations: the network effect. American
>Sociological Review.  61, 674-698.
>Uzzi, B. 1999.  Embeddedness in the making of financial capital: How social
>relations and networks benefit firms seeking finance.  American
>Sociological Review.  64, 481-505.
>
>I am not aware of too much agent based modelling work that has addressed
>such issues - in particular the dynamics and formation of informal
>networks. Please find also attached an offer for a position in my new group
>that is related to work in this field.
>
>Best regards
>
>Claudia
>
>Attachment converted: Dumbo:C1Stelle.doc (WDBN/MSWD) (00054E4D)

Professor Nigel Gilbert, FREng, AcSS, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Professor of
Sociology, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH, UK. +44 (0)1483 689173

   body of the message.

   body of the message.