swarm-modeling

Re: Diamond article: Archaeology: Life with the artificial Anasazi

From: Dwight Read
Subject: Re: Diamond article: Archaeology: Life with the artificial Anasazi
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:27:30 -0700

Hi TIm, --
just saw this email and thought I'd say hello!
Dwight

At 04:43 PM 10/21/02 -0700, you wrote:
on 10/21/02 3:20 PM, Paul E Johnson at address@hidden wrote:

> Tim Kohler's Swarm and other sims of Anasazi civilization are discussed
> in this very interesting article.
>
> Jared Diamond, Archaeology: Life with the artificial Anasazi
>
> http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nature/journal/v419/n6907/ful
> l/419567a_fs.html

Thanks Paul. I couldn't get that link you sent to work, but I was able to
download the pdf (123K) from:

http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nature/journal/v419/n6907/f
ull/419567a_fs.html&content_filetype=pdf

for those who might be interested. The article is really about the Ascape
implementation of Dean & Gumerman's work in NE Arizona rather than about our
(similar) work in SW Colorado using Swarm, but will still be of interest for
those using ABM to study historical processes.

best, TIm Kohler

P.S. For those interested in new research on "Village" we have just put up
some pages at:

http://www.wsu.edu/~village/

that will be expanded (and improved) soon.

   body of the message.

  body of the message.