swarm-modeling

Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Agent based and individual based modeling

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Agent based and individual based modeling
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:39:34 -0800

However, individual based has a double meaning in Ecology.  It is also used
to describe equation based, complex physiological models.  I believe
therefore that ecological modelers should start using "agent based" to
describe ecological where species are represented as autonomous individuals.
At leastsome other modelers are in agreement with me on this (somewhat
minor) point.

D4