swarm-modeling

Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Material and Data Flow

From: Vitorino RAMOS
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Material and Data Flow
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:06:38 +0000

Ok Steve. I see now more precisely what you mean.
Well, here is a reading (not so technical unfornately) but even so, describing real cases:

http://www.antoptima.ch/pdf/pr_harvardbusiness_0105.pdf

Take a look for instance on what happened to Southwest Airlines. Bonabeau has 3 more articles at Harvard Business Review. Meanwhile, the Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation (http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/JASSS.html) happens to have, from time to time,
technical papers discussing implementations on this research direction.
It's free and online.
Hope this can help you digging more.
Best, Vitorino

~ v. ramos. http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos/,
[...] Interactions among many sporuliferous and ubiquitous abstractions may lead to increasing reality [...], Vitorino Ramos, 2001.