swarm-modeling

[Swarm-Modelling] Question about Distributed Simulations

From: docgca
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Question about Distributed Simulations
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 01:15:47 -0400

Hello list,

I'm not sure which is the correct list for this question so my apologies in advance. I am looking into the feasibility of running a Swarm simulation on IBM's Blue Gene L, which has as its base rack a 1000 node cluster (2000 PPC 5 processors). The question is whether an individual run could be done across the entire cluster, with groups of agents distributed among all the nodes and communication across the nodes. I recall threads having to with distributed simulations but cannot remember if that was distribution for batch runs or for a single run. If this has been extensively discussed perhaps someone could point me towards that archived thread? Thanks in advance.

Gary An
Department of Surgery
Northwestern University
Chicago, IL