swarm-modeling

Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Question

From: Miles Parker
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Question
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:31:19 -0700

On Mar 20, 2008, at 5:39 PM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

Miles Parker wrote:
I'd really want to be able to parse the isolated C bits, e.g. from the xml, not the generated code -- dunno if that would be possible w/ this approach.
The idea here would be to have the C/Java compiler write out a suitably high level intermediate representation (e.g. as XML), and then direct embed that in the model. The goal being completely eliminate the need for opaque procedures, in favor of a representation the model development environment could directly manipulate.

Exactly, that is on the metaABM --> Flame side, right? That's "easy".

I was just thinking idly about the other side, though the use case isn't really there..